Trolley Barn Executive Director
Title: The Trolley Barn Executive Director
Reports to: The Trolley Barn Board of Directors
TROLLEY BARN VISION
The restored Atlanta Trolley Barn will be the premier intown host of mid-sized educational, community, and social events.
TROLLEY BARN MISSION
We will honor the historical significance of the Atlanta Trolley Barn by preserving, protecting, and sharing our venue and story. We will provide reduced or no cost public meeting space for intown civic and charitable organizations. We will host fee-paying events and will develop meaningful relationships with new and existing donors to maintain the facility and its gardens.
2022-2025 Strategic Goals
Within three years the Trolley Barn is more financially stable. We are living up to all aspects of a clearer mission and vision. Our value to the community is better recognized, We are generating increase revenue through expanded offerings and increased occupancy allowing us to better support our community and further secure our future.
You can read more about the Trolley Barn here. The Executive Director, along with the Board, are responsible for adhering to our vision and mission and executing plans to meet or exceed our strategic goals.
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
The Executive Director (ED) is a part-time position and responsible for overseeing all daily operations of The Trolley Barn, and is the key person of reference for staff and clients as well as external vendors. The ED must be able to guide the staff to work as a cohesive team, and thus must be an effective leader to foster a climate of cooperation.
The ED is responsible for running The Trolley Barn in a fiscally responsible manner, preserving the good condition of The Trolley Barn, ensuring the ethical and legal running of the facility, and that the facility is safe and well functioning.
The ideal candidate must be well-organized, and able to interact well with clients, staff, vendors, and the Board of Directors while producing good financial results and strengthening The Trolley Barn’s reputation in line with mutually-agreed annual performance goals
Client Services/Marketing & Sales
- Meet with prospective clients, both scheduled and walk-ins
- Communicate with clients; responding to inquiries regarding rental of facility Renting facility
- Preparing and negotiating Lease Agreements
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, caterers, and event planners
- Manage The Trolley Barn bookings and deposits
- Develop and implement an efficient marketing strategy to promote The Trolley Barn’s services in conjunction with the Marketing Committee
- Creatively assess The Trolley Barn operations to propose operational and capital improvements and service expansions to increase revenue and profitability
- Manage The Trolley Barn’s social media presence, including but not limited to, responding to reviews in a timely manner
- Assist the Board with fundraising campaigns
- Inspect building’s structure in conjunction with the Board VP of Facilities to determine the need for repairs and renovations; oversee building and grounds maintenance and grounds appearance and initiate maintenance programs and repairs
- Prepare a written annual plan for maintenance of the building and equipment in conjunction with the Board VP of Facilities, schedule yearly inspections
- Prepare an annual budget for the Barn in conjunction with the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee
- Hire and supervise all staff and external contractors in consultation with the Board and VP of Operations
- Manage biweekly payroll and bank deposits
- Review utility consumption and strive to minimize cost
- Scheduling of security, barn attendants, deliveries and pick-ups, walkthroughs and tours
- Manage insurance plans and service contracts
- Prepare monthly financials with accountant or as requested by the Treasurer
- Maintain non-financial records including bookings
- Maintain financial records using QuickBooks under the supervision of Board Treasurer and Finance Committee. This will include payroll and contractor payments and associated paperwork
Board of Directors Facilitation
- Assist the Board officers with the scheduling of meetings
- Assist the Board officers with special projects and executing strategic initiatives
- Maintain all Board records other than those pertaining to Executive sessions
- Attend all Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings, as requested
- Participate in annual Trolley Barn strategic reviews to assess performance against mission, vision, and performance goals. Assist the Board in course-correcting strategies as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Demonstrated ability in decision making and problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Event facilities management experience
- Three to four years of progressive experience and responsibility in a supervisory position
This position hires and supervises part time employees and contractors
Work is regularly performed in a combination of environments including the office, The Trolley Barn, and The Trolley Barn grounds. As a historically preserved building, the only means of accessing any of the three levels of the building is via the stairs.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, twenty-five (25) hours per week. Weekend and evening work may be required. Paid leave will be afforded to a vested employee. Any other benefits will be subject to negotiation. Ability to arrive on-site at the Trolley Barn on short notice for emergencies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Atlanta & Edgewood Street Railway Company (AESRC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws. AESRC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against associates, applicants, or any other persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, military or veteran status or affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Address: 963 Edgewood Avenue, NE Atlanta, GA 30307
We would love to hear from you!
Send us a direct message by filling out the form below.